Evening folks, I have a friend who was fiddling about with a Nokia E90 and ... Server Admins forum

illuminati no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Calendar info accidentally deleted

Advertisement

Evening folks,

I have a friend who was fiddling about with a Nokia E90 and a program that allows syncing to an exchange server wirelessly much like the BB.
    Not sure what he did but the calendar details on the server and his pearl are all gone! He has a copy of the lost info in Entourage on his Mac. I told him to disable the internet for the time being and make sure not to run Entourage if connected to the internet for fear that he will lose the only complete copy of his calendar left.

Question:

I am not familiar with Macs/Entourage/BB, but is it possible to disable wireless sync in his BB device calendar settings, then do a wire sync with a Mac program like Missing Sync or similar to copy Entourage details back to his BB then enable wireless sync which will then repopulate on the server?

Or is there an easier way? Or any way at all?

My friend is has over a thousand contacts and a full schedule going back months (he keeps them all).. how would I help him recover except make him key in each calendar entry manually, which would take days if not weeks!?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Calendar info accidentally deleted

He deleted the address book of the N90 or the Pearl?

haniff no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there,
    Pertaining to missing calender on nokia n90, should the calender details still in his Mac book, you need to have pocketmac for blackberry v4 installed. After that, do the synchronization frm mac to bb device. Make sure to disable the calender sync wirelesly for temporary. After complete synching with mac, then enable back the wireless calender synchronization.
    I did experience losing all my contact details when trying to synchronize between macbook and pc.hope this works.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

He accidentally deleted all calendar details on the exchange server via his E90 and sat there and watched his BB calendar empty out one by one too!

Right I will tell him to try the calendar sync option and see if that solves it..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Oh ok. I got confused because you said he was using the N90 and that application which is called BlackBerry Connect. I thought he was using 2 different devices.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by haniff
    Hi there,
    Pertaining to missing calender on nokia n90, should the calender details still in his Mac book, you need to have pocketmac for blackberry v4 installed. After that, do the synchronization frm mac to bb device. Make sure to disable the calender sync wirelesly for temporary. After complete synching with mac, then enable back the wireless calender synchronization.
    I did experience losing all my contact details when trying to synchronize between macbook and pc.hope this works.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm glad to say he is back in business! He said the experience was worse then losing his wallet; he was frantic and was up most of lastnight thinking about the problem!