I'm using you BES experts as my google search tool.....what's the difference and why is ... Server Admins forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

BPS vs BES??

Advertisement

I'm using you BES experts as my google search tool.....what's the difference and why is one better than the other?

Our company is looking to switch from their pos HTC to BB's and they want BPS instead of BES. I'm assuming cost is a major factor.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Given that RIM is dropping support for BPS, and the general lag time for BPS updates, you're much better off in the long run with a BES.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    our company just purchased 10 seats of BPS around christmas and now they receive this info about BPS being discontinued and they are PISSED! Hope they release a smaller version of BES that doesn't have to run on a separate server for those smaller companies (0-50 employees) so we don't have to run another separate server.......

PIN/ID
    ask
    Well that's that then! No support, no BPS then. Damn, $5k for a BES server!?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Do you have a link that says RIM isn't supporting BPS anymore or something official from RIM? I haven't found anything on their website saying this, and you can still purchase it.