I have been a BIS user for 2 yrs now using a company berry. There ... Server Admins forum

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e

Question BPS v4.1.4.3 email icon

Advertisement

I have been a BIS user for 2 yrs now using a company berry. There has been only a couple of us using BBs and now lots more are making the switch. Well recently I found out our company got Blackberry Professional version 4.1.4.3.

This is my first time on BES/BPS. One thing I didn't know was about the email icon..... there isnt one. All the company messages are delivered into the messages folder along with my personal BIS email and my BB messenger messages.

I do NOT like this at all. For 2 yrs I've used separate email account icons and have just had the messages item hidden.

Can someone enlighten me on how we can do either one of the following:

• make it so only company email shows up in my messages folder (without filters or using Empower)
    • or give me a BES email icon.

I've had our IT guy try this

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynam...C&kcId=KB15773

and he said it will not work because BPS lacks some features of a full blown BES server.

Does anyone have any other ideas.... its driving me crazy to the point of thinking about going back to BIS.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I don't personally use BES but I do use BlackBerry email accounts. If it is the same, you can go to your messages, click the menu key, go to general options, and scroll down to where it says SMS and Email inboxes. Change that option to separate. That's how I get separate icons for text, and all my email accounts.

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    yeah I already know how to separate emails from SMS messages. I'm talking actual BES/BPS email icon.

When on BES or BPS you don't have one. All your email goes into your "Messages" along with other messages even from your personal BIS email accounts.