We have had some incidents where staff havetaken their blackberrys on vacation, and rung up ... Server Admins forum

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0

Question Block Roaming thru IT Policy

Advertisement

We have had some incidents where staff havetaken their blackberrys on vacation, and rung up humongus roaming charges. I've been asked to find some solutions. I know I can turn off roaming on the network settings of the phone but would like to set it through an IT Policy. Is this possible? I searched but could not find a setting for it anywhere.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Call the provider have them take the roaming off/show them their charges they can maybe pay for it also users shouldn’t have rights to call the provider to add/remove options

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i havent heard of any such disabling for roaming features. i know they have it for international.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

Cryotic no está en línea Stack level 1
    We had this question answered for us a few weeks ago by RIM.

Apparently there is no current setting on the BES server to enforce roaming on/off but is expected in the next version.

However, we install and activate every BlackBerry unit for our users and manually set it on "Off during roaming". This setting will be syncronised to BES in the BlackBerry user profile and saved. So when you activate another BlackBerry unit for the same user the setting will be the same.

Edit:

We also made a walkthrough for the users so they can set it themselfs.

Use Rove Mobile Viewer to make screenshots or a video of the procedure.
    Last edited by Cryotic; 06-11-2008 at 03:59 AM.