Has anyone heard of some codec that can be used to listen to your voice ... Server Admins forum

JasonLozano no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Voice Mail Software.

Advertisement

Has anyone heard of some codec that can be used to listen to your voice mails with out having to dial your phone line then key in your password. I think I heard people say your BB has your voice mails on the phone and will allow you to listen to them via the decompressor.
    J Lozano
    Network Analyst
    CCNA Certified
    JLozano@xvand.com
    Xvand Technologies
    WWW.Xvand.com

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Re: BlackBerry Voice Mail Software.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~never heard of that, but it would be nice..

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Many people use a 3rd party voice mail system. I use Youmail

Check this thread for more.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ices_what.html

justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Many people use a 3rd party voice mail system. I use Youmail
    Reddogkilla is right, sign up for YouMail, then have YouMail send an attachment to your phone when you get a new message. It only takes a second for the BB to download and play the attached voicemail message.

That's as close to what your talking about as I can think of.
    Good luck

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what I do is put my companies voicemail on a speed dial,I enter a pause on the number and enter my box # and my password in my address book entry

KidSquid no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLozano View Post
    Has anyone heard of some codec that can be used to listen to your voice mails with out having to dial your phone line then key in your password. I think I heard people say your BB has your voice mails on the phone and will allow you to listen to them via the decompressor.
    What you are refereing to is called unified messaging which places a copy of your voicemail in your email inbox which you naturally can read on your BB. Most enterprise VM systems offer "unified" or "integrated" messaging as an option. The voicemail messages in your inbox will typically be either wav or mp3 files depending on your telephone system. Most of the newer BB's can play back these files from the media player.

Hope this helps to shed some light.

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF

I have the one key as a speed dial for my voicemail and in in phone options, go to voicemail there will be your voicemail number and a place to put in your password. It will type it in for you when you call your voicemail.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyr38663 View Post
    I have the one key as a speed dial for my voicemail and in in phone options, go to voicemail there will be your voicemail number and a place to put in your password. It will type it in for you when you call your voicemail.
    I think you and I do the same thing, I have my box number and password on my speed dial, I just click on the key for speed dial then it does the rest. No need to down anything,

For example (this number is fake)
    18773502514ţ#795#8820#

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSquid View Post
    The voicemail messages in your inbox will typically be either wav or mp3 files depending on your telephone system. Most of the newer BB's can play back these files from the media player.
    OK. I've received the wav file as an attachment. When I try to open the attachment in the BB email reader, I'm asked if I want to download the wav file again, so I know it's on my BB 8830. Where is it located? I can't find it to open it in the media player.

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by oconnke1 View Post
    OK. I've received the wav file as an attachment. When I try to open the attachment in the BB email reader, I'm asked if I want to download the wav file again, so I know it's on my BB 8830. Where is it located? I can't find it to open it in the media player.
    I just had to be patient. The first voice mail I tried to download was rather large and took a long time to arrive. The media player starts automatically once the .wav files has arrived in its entirety.
    Last edited by oconnke1; 12-28-2007 at 06:35 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    Keith