Hello everyone, I am a new BlackBerry Administrator and have just been handed BlackBerry Professional ... Server Admins forum

wellnomics no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Professional Software

Advertisement

Hello everyone,
    I am a new BlackBerry Administrator and have just been handed BlackBerry Professional Software as the 'new' BES from Vodafone NZ. Not many people seem to have used it yet (even the guys providing support to Vodafone customers!), but looking at the folder if self-extracts to it might be equivalent to BES 4.1.4. Indeed, the Help / About from BlackBerry Manager says '4.1.4.15', however the Home screen says 'BlackBerry Professional Software Version: 4.1.4.2'.

Anyway, my issue is that I have previously added a user to our single user license and, having had issues trying to set them up, had to remove them. This worked successfully once or twice, but now they are gone and the 'Number of Users' remains at 1; therefore, when I add a new user, it tells me that I do not have sufficient licences.

If I go into the user tab and search for this user, it doesn't bring up the 'not found' error (as it does with other users), however no record is actually displayed. So it seems to know it's 'in there somewhere', but does not show it.

I've read that there has previously been a 'purge deleted user' option, however I am unable to find this (despite repeated clicking!) in this version of the software.

The latest guidance from the support line was to remove and re-install, which I've done (using the same service account, but to a fresh database - hosted on a separate SQL server) and I still see one licence in use.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I can reclaim this license or get the user removed successfully?

Many thanks in advance for your time and assistance,

Simon

remlle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012D965

Re: BlackBerry Professional Software

I have this exact same issue. I dont not have a solution but when I find one I Will update you with it.

wellnomics no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello there,

Thanks for your response.

Would definitely appreciate an update - nice to know I'm not in this on my own!

Meantime, does anyone else have any ideas? The BlackBerry owner is travelling tomorrow and I'd really like to get it activated before then...

Could I just remove the user from the SQL tables, or is that going to cause all sorts of inconsistencies?

TIA again,

Simon

remlle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012D965

I kinda fixed mine by making it create a new DB on the server. during the install it askes what db to use and I made a new name. that might fix your issue. the issue I have now is I cant get my bb to register with the bb server.