Hi, I just recently activated a new 8800 blackberry and only few emails showed up ... Server Admins forum

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry only showing few email after activation

Advertisement

Hi,
    I just recently activated a new 8800 blackberry and only few emails showed up on the device. I wiped the device then removed/re-added the user on BES but he's still missing emails that at least 2 or 3 weeks old. Is there an option on BES to increase the number of emails that are push during the OTA activation?

Thanks.

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e
    Is this a new bb for an previous user?

previous user and he received a new replacement 8830 bb.

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

need to delete files on the BES

Ok, so basically on the BES he has an old mail file out there that you need to delete. Unfortunatly I don't know how to do this, but I do know that is the solution. I do not have full admin rights to my BES so I can delete a user, but not maintain the BES, there are other files on there from his previous load that are still showing up so when you load him again it's remembering this and only loading those emails.

Can anyone else help him with the deleteing the other mail files?

thank you for replying. I have full admin rights on our BES. If someone can show me how to delete the other user's mail file, i'd really appreciate it. thanks again.

wellsm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome521 View Post
    Hi,
    I just recently activated a new 8800 blackberry and only few emails showed up on the device. I wiped the device then removed/re-added the user on BES but he's still missing emails that at least 2 or 3 weeks old. Is there an option on BES to increase the number of emails that are push during the OTA activation?

Thanks.
    Yes, you can change this value but it may not matter in your case.

To get to Message prepopulation settings go to:
    Blacberry Domain/Servers/YOURSERVER/Server configuration tab

In Blackberry Manager. Click on "Messaging."

You are looking for "Prepopulation by message age" and "Prepopulation by Message count."

The maxes for these values are 14 days and 750 messages. BES populates until it hits ONE of these two values and then stops. No-go on older email. The defaults are less than 14/750, so you may want to max those values out. EA will take longer, though.

So, your guy isn't going to get emails older than 14 days. I seem to recall that the new device 4.5 coupled with server 4.6 will allow you to search all messages in a mailbox, but I could have just dreamed that.

Oh, for reference, prepopulation only occurs with a new BES account or a PIN change (new device.) So, if you want to prepopulate again you need to delete the user from BES.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wellsm View Post
    Yes, you can change this value but it may not matter in your case.

To get to Message prepopulation settings go to:
    Blacberry Domain/Servers/YOURSERVER/Server configuration tab

In Blackberry Manager. Click on "Messaging."

You are looking for "Prepopulation by message age" and "Prepopulation by Message count."

The maxes for these values are 14 days and 750 messages. BES populates until it hits ONE of these two values and then stops. No-go on older email. The defaults are less than 14/750, so you may want to max those values out. EA will take longer, though.

So, your guy isn't going to get emails older than 14 days. I seem to recall that the new device 4.5 coupled with server 4.6 will allow you to search all messages in a mailbox, but I could have just dreamed that.

Oh, for reference, prepopulation only occurs with a new BES account or a PIN change (new device.) So, if you want to prepopulate again you need to delete the user from BES.

Cool. Thank you so much for replying.... This will definitely resolve the issue that one of my user is having.

karthand no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Same Problem in my team

Hi,

One of my user's Blackberry was updated to New Blackberry Curve with AT&T. Activation was successfull, and re-synched the new Blackberry by using the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 which is recommended by BB support group.

Everything seemed to work perfectly, and when she tried to scroll beyond approzimatelly 7 days, there was nothing to see in the BB Messages(E-Mails). (It stops as of 13th July) She has about 70 Emails in all

She has E-Mails in the office email exchage server, which she sees in her inbox and office outlook webaccess from July1stweek and2nd week

What is the solution! to see those emails on blackberry

Any tips will be much appreciated

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by karthand View Post
    Hi,

One of my user's Blackberry was updated to New Blackberry Curve with AT&T. Activation was successfull, and re-synched the new Blackberry by using the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 which is recommended by BB support group.

Everything seemed to work perfectly, and when she tried to scroll beyond approzimatelly 7 days, there was nothing to see in the BB Messages(E-Mails). (It stops as of 13th July) She has about 70 Emails in all

She has E-Mails in the office email exchage server, which she sees in her inbox and office outlook webaccess from July1stweek and2nd week

What is the solution! to see those emails on blackberry

Any tips will be much appreciated

Regards
    wiped the bb, then remove/re-add the user on BES then re-activate.