Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MAPI GC: Unable to find GC information in MAPI profile! This isn't good, check your ... Server Admins forum

dlogsdon no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Blackberry not syncing

Advertisement

MAPI GC: Unable to find GC information in MAPI profile!
    This isn't good, check your mapi profile.

Log on to OWA using the BESadmin account and try to look at the global address book.
    Check your exchange event logs for Global catalog errors.
    Run dcdiag on your Domain Controllers.
    You have an Exchange 2003 server with a 2007?

-Drew
    -------
    BlackBerry Database Consistency Service should be disable, this is normal.

Just a hunch, are the cdo.dll the same on exchange and BES?
    Last edited by dlogsdon; 12-31-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged.

supanatral no está en línea Stack level 1

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!! ok-so, one of the employee's complained that she can't see a user in her global address book (actually mine included) so I did research on it. Then I found out that if the email address in Active Directory is different then the default SMTP email used in Exchange, then that will happen. So I changed it. Now it works.

So, in short, incase anyone is googling this. Make sure that in active directory, that the users email is the same as the default email in Exchange

dlogsdon no está en línea BES Pro

Could you explain that a little better?
    Exchange users accounts are controled by AD. Are you talking about reciepent policies?

I am sorry I am not following you...

-Drew

supanatral no está en línea Stack level 1

In Exchange 2003, user settings and mail are configured in Active Directory. In Exchange 2007, mail is configured in Exchange and user settings are configured in Active Directory. That might confuse you a bit if your use to exchange 2003

However, in both versions, when you open a user in active directory, it asks what the users email address is in the general tab and if lets say you put in abc@123.com, but the user is configured in Exchange to use the default email address def@123.com then that will cause an issue. Both emails have to be the same.

stevemagg no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for this information.

I ran into the same issue. It was after I had changed the primary email address for the user. Both matched (ADS and SMTP), however I still had issues with Address Book not syncing after the change. In the log file, "Starting Address Book rescan" event never occurred for the user. I did observe "Starting Address Book rescan" events for other users, however.

I deleted the user and re-added having the user activate w/ the new email address. I am monitoring the results. So far so good.

Thanks again for the thread...

v 4.1.4.15
    Exchange 2003
    Last edited by stevemagg; 01-10-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: more info...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12