Hi all, we have BES here and we have a user who is getting a ... Server Admins forum

dgibb23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry messenger with new device

Advertisement

Hi all, we have BES here and we have a user who is getting a new device. I know I don't need to backup the software however I do. I do a switch device wizard to move them over to the new phone. The problem then becomes that when the user goes into blackberry messenger their users are all there. However when they send a message to a user the user reports that the persons name shows up twice now on their device (old pin and new pin). Is there a way around this or what is the proper way of switching devices with blackberry messenger?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There is no way that I'm aware of to avoid the duplicate entries. There's really no way for the other people to know this person has switched devices other than them showing up again with new PIN. They will just need to delete the old PIN from the contacts.

I'm going to move this to a more appropriate forum where perhaps some BES experts might have some ideas.

Ok I could not find a BB messenger group to post this in.

No worries......I moved it to a forum more geared towards server admins like yourself.

Hopefully one of our resident experts can offer some insight, but again, I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any settings within BES to accommodate what you're asking.

Or let me ask this, as it may not be a BES issue. When switching devices after backing up and restoring your bbm contacts on the new device, how do you notify all users of your new pin number? I thought of just sending a broadcast message with a message letting people know of the new pin change?

That would be the way to go, yes.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    With desktop manager 6 and a newer device OS. The device switcher does switch the PIN for all contacts and is seem less to all users.

I have done 2 device changes and none of my friends had to do anything in their contacts.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users

http://twitter.com/#!/knottyrope