Hi everyone, this is my first post so try not to be too brutal Here's ... Server Admins forum

ELBeast no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BlackBerry Manager Unable To Activate Accounts Under Certain Logins

Hi everyone, this is my first post so try not to be too brutal

Here's the low down:
    Running BES 4.0.6 (for GROUPWISE) on W2k3 server w/ a MSSQL 2000 backend.

Everything is running ok, however when a help desk tech logs in to BES via RDP (no windows admin rights, just Remote Desktop rights) and attempts to add a user via the Blackberry Manager the activation never completes.

If I login via the BESAdmin account (local admin rights) I don't see the user that the tech just tried to add, however if I add the user the Enterprise Activation completes successfully.

Now if I have the tech login as themselves and invoke the Blackberry Manager they still see the same users "stuck" in Enterprise Activation limbo and don't see that they were successfully added. So my question is, why is the BB Mgr showing inconsistent information on the same server, just different server user account?
    This used to work BTW... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro
    Hi. Don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but in my experience you have to meet a number of criteria for BES to work correctly. The user who installs BES cannot be a domain admin, but must have local admin, logon locally and logon as service permissions (usually a user account made especially for the BES like BESAdmin). Then in my experience that same user has to be the one who makes any changes to the BES. That user can also have TS rights - and I log on quite often in TS as BESAdmin to make changes. I've never really tried making changes in the BES as any other user, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work. If it was possible, I would say they would need local admin rights (I would guess the log on as service rights are only needed for the multiple BES services) ~via BB (