Is there a way to restore the Blackberry Manager functionality to the BES 5.0 or ... Server Admins forum

slahm no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Manager

Advertisement

Is there a way to restore the Blackberry Manager functionality to the BES 5.0 or higher? I am not a fan of the Web Console, I find it really sluggish.

I am really missing certian features, particularly that now when I wipe a device, all device data is purged from the SERVER without warning, and I cannot check the wipe status, etc. On the BB Manager, I could watch the packet being delivered, and confirm that it was wiped. Now, as soon as I send the command, the device is purged, and clicking on it gives an error.

I also miss the speed, and views, etc., and wish I had a way to replace them.

Any advice?

TheLizardFish no está en línea Stack level 1
    From what I've read the Administration Service replaces the BlackBerry Manager completley. I don't think there is a way to go back without switching to the previous BES version.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    That is correct, you have to go back and punt with 4.1.6 to get that. On a lighter note, if you have 2 BES Server SRP's then you can move all users to one. Build the 4.1.6 Server. Then use the Enterprise Transperter Tool to move the users back to 4.1.6.