Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi we have a Blackberry server running 4.0 version and 2003 Exchange Server.... If a ... Server Admins forum

technerd21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry mail not deleted when i delete it from Outlook

Advertisement

Hi we have a Blackberry server running 4.0 version and 2003 Exchange Server.... If a user deletes an email from his/her inbox from Outlook 2003 it does NOT delete it from the users Blackberry phone. But when the user deletes mail out of his Blackberry and hits the RECONCILE mail is deleted on Outlook but not the other way around. Seems all the setting on the client Blackberry phone is correct--- I went to the EMAIL RECONCILIATION SETTING---> DELETE IS ON MAILBOX AND HANDHELD--->WIRELESS RECONCILE IS TURNED ON--->ON CONFLICTS, MAILBOX WINS IS ON.

Do you thnk it might be a problem on the server side? Every user is having this issue on 3 different types of phones. 8700, 8800 and Blackberry Curve.

Any ideas?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Blackberry mail not deleted when i delete it from Outlook

Welcome to PinStack technerd21.

Definitely sounds like a BES Problem unless, and this is the BIG unless, the users are using permanent delete (Shift + Delete0 or are deleting the trash before the Reconciliation cycle occurs. If the messages are removed from the Deleted folder prior to reconciliation, the doesn't recognize them as deleted.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey technerd21. A while back I had a user with a similar question. My company is still running BES 3.6 (I know!), and when I contacted RIM they told me that it wasn't possible for Outlook to Berry reconciliation, but rather Berry -> Outlook. So based on my knowledge of at least BES 3.6, this is normal, but again, could be wrong.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Get rid of 3.6 ASAP. It's not supported anymore and is buggy as can be. It's also very hard to help fix issues on a BES that old.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

I had this same kind of problem with a user on 4.1 I had to delete them from BES and readd them and it started to work correctly.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by tlowe View Post
    I had this same kind of problem with a user on 4.1 I had to delete them from BES and readd them and it started to work correctly.
    We had the same problem too, I had to remove the user completely and then set them up again. This fixed the problem.

GazN no está en línea Stack level 2

Try this - I had a few problems with one way reconcile and managed to sort it rather than blitz the accounts from BES......
    [FONT=Calibri]http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10 720&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=60766632&stateId=0 %200%2033295323[/FONT]

jma306 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yo, technerd21. I am also running into users questioning the delete on mailbox and hand held options,
    1. yes you are correct, deleting from the device& reconciling ect.

2. KEY QUESTION-Do you know when you IT admin has the BES set to reconcile with Outlook. For instance, i was testing today and my BES sets and reconciles every 15 mins. and i saw a difference just my waiting and watching,

3. this one is a stretch, pending of if your company archives, the outlook client could have policy over secondary device, such as the BB and possible web mail?

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Go into Messages, Options, Email Reconciliation, Make sure you have Delete on: Mailbox & Handheld
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

I had a similar problem with my blackberry where it wasn't syncing at all when I deleted messages and I fixed it by disabling wireless reconciliation on the device for about 30 seconds and then re enabling it.

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

I have the same prob on some BEs installs. Got the same answer when I called RIM support - that is only reconciles one way. This really annoyed me as it is obviously false because other sites are working. I couldn't believe that they would say this.. I've also heard that it is a permission issue on the BES, which would make sense because if you don't get the permissions exactly right, you get strange problems like this. but I've checked and checked again and am pretty sure I haven't got incorrect permissions.

The link posted by GAXN is interesting. I'm going to give it a go and I'll post success or failure. thanks GazN

Nup - back to the drawing board...

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

Did you do what Audit said?

jma306 no está en línea Stack level 1

2. KEY QUESTION-Do you know when you IT admin has the BES set to reconcile with Outlook. For instance, i was testing today and my BES sets and reconciles every 15 mins. and i saw a difference yesterday just my waiting and watching,

I think he did - at least he said he did in the 1st post. But from what I understand this only effect syncing from the BB to Outlook not the other way around - ie you can choose to delete on the Blackberry only or have the email delete in Outlook too. The problem he is experiencing is from the other end. When he deletes in Outlook is doesn't replicate on the BB. GAXN's link looked really promising because it deals with exactly that issue. Didn't work for me but hopefully it will work for the poster.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast