We're on exchange and when i get an email, both my outlook 2007 and Blackberry ... Server Admins forum

Walter Mitty no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry getting duplicate emails when responding in Outlook

Advertisement

We're on exchange and when i get an email, both my outlook 2007 and Blackberry Curve 8310 get this original email. If i respond in outlook to this email I will receive another copy of the original email on my Blackberry after a few minutes. The only difference is now it has a different RefID number (which i learned about after calling RIM) so it's treated as a new email. Somehow during this process it appears that outlook/exchange is changing its RefID number??? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as i'm on outlook alll day and it's really cluttering up my Blackberry inbox! TIA.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I would try deleting your service books (all desktop ones) and see if that corrects it. Also you are only activated through BES right? You didn't setup your corp email on BIS also, if you did, that could be the problem.

Last but not least, try removing your bb and username from the BES and re-add/activate.

Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Go to Outlook and open the Rules Wizard. The create a filter so that any mail in the inbox with "RefID" will be immediately deleted.

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    I would try deleting your service books (all desktop ones) and see if that corrects it. Also you are only activated through BES right? You didn't setup your corp email on BIS also, if you did, that could be the problem.

Last but not least, try removing your bb and username from the BES and re-add/activate.

Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

He is on BIS if the mailbox message/REF ID changes are producing duplicate emails. I still have yet to find a resolution in preventing Outlook/mailbox from modifying those refid's when replying to an email.

tonyjschroeder no está en línea Stack level 1
    I too cannot find a resolution with respect to BIS service, when we moved to BES it immediately became a non-issue. A workaround we found though is to move all your messages to a separate folder (not a sub-folder of the Inbox) and then respond to them. Not a pretty solution but it was all I could suggest.

mitchell32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone figured out a solution to this? My problem seems to be the same - I get the original email from my outlook account on my blackberry. If I then respond to the email in outlook, it sends another copy of the original email to my blackberry. It never did this until about a week ago. Its no real big deal other than it is kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mitchell