RIM is set to release BES 4.1 SP5 platform . The new release will bring ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP5 - Details (PDF Inside)

Advertisement

RIM is set to release BES 4.1 SP5 platform. The new release will bring a host of new features for the end-user as well as new management utilities.

Upgrade and Purchase Information
    Upgrade is available for free for customers with BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.0 or above
    Download will be available at www.blackberry.com/go/newsp

Customers with BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0.X and lower canupgrade by:
    Purchasing the software upgrade ($999 US) OR
    Purchasing a BlackBerry® Technical Support Services contract (info available at: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support.../technical.jsp)
    For new customers there is no price increase from BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.4 ($3,999/server US – includes 20-user licenses)

[What’s New in BES v4.1 with Service Pack 5 for Microsoft Exchange]

(PDF Source - http://events.streamlogics.net/rim/f...CAST_final.pdf)

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP5 overview

You'd think the speaker on the webcast yesterday could've just said the 29th when many people had posted questions about it; sometimes RIM has no balls

DJFeeney no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP5 - Details (PDF Inside)

I know that Service Packs are not the customary path, but any hopes of x64 compatability with SP5 or in the current century?

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

4.1.5 will bring support for Windows 2003 64 Bit, as well as Support for Exchange 2007 SP1, Domino 8 and 7.0.3 and VMWare 3.x Servers

btw. Here are the Domino PDF´s
    http://events.streamlogics.net/rim/f...MINO_final.pdf
    Last edited by banthon; 02-23-2008 at 03:37 PM.

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605

Does anyone have any idea when the OS side of this update is supposed to be released? I am talking about 4.5 (or whatever they want to call it now).

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by banthon View Post
    4.1.5 will bring support for Windows 2003 64 Bit, as well as Support for Exchange 2007 SP1, Domino 8 and 7.0.3 and VMWare 3.x Servers

btw. Here are the Domino PDF´s
    http://events.streamlogics.net/rim/f...MINO_final.pdf

Im confused now .
    4.1.5 = 4.1 SP5 ?
    Does only 4.1 SP5 work with exchange 2007 SP1 , and all release before didnt ?

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by criminala View Post
    Im confused now .
    4.1.5 = 4.1 SP5 ?
    Does only 4.1 SP5 work with exchange 2007 SP1 , and all release before didnt ?
    Both yes.

Exchange 2007 SP1 was not supported fully supported prior 4.1.5

Quote from http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...007Support.jsp
    What is the supportability stance for BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1?

BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.4 (SP4) for Microsoft Exchange : Supported where Customer Support Operations has the standard path in place for issue escalation. Be advised that with this release, RIM is supporting the software with limited acceptance testing completed.
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.5 (SP5) for Microsoft Exchange : Planned as supported where Customer Support Operations has the standard path in place for issue escalation. Furthermore, a statement of certified by quality assurance and performance testing teams. Be advised that with this forthcoming release, RIM will issue the software with all levels of testing and acceptance criteria being met, thus deeming the software certifiably compatible.

DJFeeney no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the x64 comment. I probably should have said what I was really thinking...
    Windows Server 2008 (x64) + Exchange 2007 (x64), and maybe ever OCS 2007 (x64).

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Quote Originally Posted by DJFeeney View Post
    Thanks for the x64 comment. I probably should have said what I was really thinking...
    Windows Server 2008 (x64) + Exchange 2007 (x64), and maybe ever OCS 2007 (x64).

Yeah, I'm most interested in OCS 2007 integration... I've seen several workarounds for getting it to work with the OC download from RIM (which is of course meant for 2005), and even tried a couple but honestly didn't feel like putting that much time into it thinking (or hoping more likely) that the 2007 integration was coming soon.

We're just building a brand new office and expanding by adding about 60 people in the next several months, and it's ALL OCS 2007 / Server 2008 / Exchange 07, etc., using Office Communicator as softphones; I certainly hope this SP makes it a little easier on us, though I kinda thought 4.2 was coming rather than another SP.

As far as the desktop manager goes though, it seems they've pretty much got everything covered in the 4.3 release, so my guess is it'll be a while before another one hits.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by vod332 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when the OS side of this update is supposed to be released? I am talking about 4.5 (or whatever they want to call it now).

There is no release date for device OS 4.5 yet; it will most likely be released after a new device is released that already has it loaded, and not before.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Jeez a lot of hurry up and wait with this SP...