My company has an Exchange Server (I am the admin) and I am thinking about ... Server Admins forum

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3

Question BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Advertisement

My company has an Exchange Server (I am the admin) and I am thinking about installing BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express to allow the users with BlackBerrys to synchronize more of their information. Most of the users (including myself) are on AT&T and when I checked with AT&T I was told that we would not be able to connect to the BESX without moving to one of AT&T's enterprise data plans. Is this true and is this the same with all carriers?

Thanks for your help.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Each device will need a enterprise data plan to use the BES, It is the same as t-mobile. I do not know about Verizon or sprint but I believe they do also
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Thanks Jeff,
    Not the answer I wanted but it is what I expected.

mingler no está en línea Stack level 1
    Enterprise Data plans are not necessary for the Express version you are proposing. I have 3 BES servers in my environment - the BES Express is being used for staff with personal devices.

Have a look at the website: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...erver/express/
    Quote from website:
    BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express enables businesses of any size to quickly and easily get started with the BlackBerry solution. It provides advanced BlackBerry smartphone features with no additional software or user license fees, and works with any Internet-enabled BlackBerry data plan or a BlackBerry enterprise data plan.

I like that information MUCH better. I guess the best thing to do is give it a go and see what happens. Thanks to both for your help.