Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry for the silly question, but I only 2 days with BES and we are ... Server Admins forum

skewtah no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Enterprise security - If lost or stolen (Kill Command)

Advertisement

Sorry for the silly question, but I only 2 days with BES and we are testing to determine if we want to deploy. If I send the kill command and that deactivates the phone, what is the best way to
    1) reactivate the same user with the same device - say they find it
    2) reactivate the same user with a new device

Cheers

berry_8310 no está en línea Stack level 1

FYI

There is now a theft recovery software for blackberry that can be used for your purpose. Its name is RobLock and is available at dexmobile.com

webber no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

To get around the radio off detail you can
    a) set a policy that will automaticly wipe a handheld when the battery gets low, though this kinda stinks of you have users who don't like to charge their Berry's. They will lose all personal settings. Address book etc. BUT it really isn't too big a deal as the address book and mail can easily be sync'd again. AND if you use desktop manager or the web based desktop manager you can ask your users to backup their devices regularly, so they can restore from a backup.
    b) enable passwords. By default a handheld with passwords will autowipe after 10 bad password attempts. If it is really that critical, lower the number.

marcuzi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_W View Post
    I just had one of my end users lose a Blackberry in Hong Kong while boarding a train. I wasn't in the office. So I told my cell phone provider to SUSPEND the voice and data service. Can I use this command while the service is suspended or do I need to tell my cell phone provider to reinstate the service, then use the wipe phone & disbable command? My question to you is do you think suspending the voice and data service will interfere with the BES wipe phone & disable command.
    Any information that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tim
    From discussions with my provider (Bell Mobility) I am fairly sure that you cannot remote kill the BB while the account is suspended. Also, suspending the account does not wipe the handheld so you're better to remote wipe/kill then suspend the account. -m

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    This can be done if the handheld is on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange version 3.6 and later.
    Ummm... What about Domino server?
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

aurory13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Stolen Blackberry Pearl 8100

I have read through the postings but still confused on how to send a KILL signal to my stolen Blackberry. Can someone please walk me through it? Is there a website I need to visit and enter the Blackberry PIN #?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If your a bes admin?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not sure what BES Admin means. I am just a regular BB user through T-Mobile that had confidential information on my stolen BB. Is there anything I can do to erase the data on my stolen device?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    aurory13,

If I understand you correctly, you are/were not on a company blackberry enterprise server. If this is the case, then the answer is no you can not send a kill comand to your blackberry.

I am sorry, but this is a specific feature in the enterprise server that allows bes admins to remote wipe (kill) a device in the event of it being lost or stolen. Without having the bes, you can not kill the device.

Hope that answers your question, and I am really sorry someone stole your bb...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can I set up my new BB Pearl so it is on the BES? What are the requirements to be on that? To be honest, I am still not sure what that is even...

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    You can enable the "Enable Smartphone lockdown" in the IT Policy. This basically locks the device if it hasnt been in contact with the BES in a predefined period of time, say 24 hours or off the mobile network. Just be careful if applying this because a user will go on vacation and not tell you or forget and boom their device will wipe. This policy doesn't require having the user's sim card in it either. This may have been covered in this thread but a quick glance I did not see it. Cheers.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

Kunja no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21118E03
    Hello,
    please help. I lost my BB bold the other day. How to initiate the data erase kill command. I have the PIN and IMEI NO. The machine was registered.

Kunja no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21118E03
    Thanks aurory13. It is a loss then. I have to live with it. how do we get into company bb enterprise server , in case i buy a new one. any how all my friends do have one each. Anyhow how do I know whether I was registered with the server. I had followed all procedures of registration when i first initiated the phone. the PIN and imei nos were also entered correctly. My actual name is George Mathew, from Indore, India. Any hope still.
    regards
    George

jelim no está en línea Stack level 1

Question PM

Hi.

Can you please PM me.
    I need your assistance.
    Thanks.

Jel

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    Hi feather, welcome to pinstack. The above information will put the BB back to the original state, erasing all information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12