I’m experiencing an issue on all four of my GroupWise BES where quite frequently and ... Server Admins forum

YoYoString no está en línea Stack level 1

Question blackberry browser issue - unable to browse internet or intranet sites

Advertisement

I’m experiencing an issue on all four of my GroupWise BES where quite frequently and randomly users are unable to access any sites, either internet or intranet through their blackberry browser. It appears as if all who are on the BES experiencing the issue have the same problem. The only fix is to stop and restart the MDS service. Their internet browser is working just fine. The version of GW is 6.5 and the version of all 4 BES is 4.0.7.15, the latest supported patch for 4.0. There are about 380 +- users on each of the 4 BES all using a mix of carriers and handheld types. I think I’ve narrowed the problem down to the BES vs an issue with the handhelds.

We just finished the testing phase and currently in the planning phase of our GW to Exchange migration which may not occur for another couple of months. The GW production BES are still vital to the company until the new system goes on-line so a solution or an idea of what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by YoYoString; 02-26-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Joebanana469 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243b17c5
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYoString View Post
    I’m experiencing an issue on all four of my GroupWise BES where quite frequently and randomly users are unable to access any sites, either internet or intranet through their blackberry browser. It appears as if all who are on the BES experiencing the issue have the same problem. The only fix is to stop and restart the MDS service. Their internet browser is working just fine. The version of GW is 6.5 and the version of all 4 BES is 4.0.7.15, the latest supported patch for 4.0. There are about 380 +- users on each of the 4 BES all using a mix of carriers and handheld types. I think I’ve narrowed the problem down to the BES vs an issue with the handhelds.

We just finished the testing phase and currently in the planning phase of our GW to Exchange migration which may not occur for another couple of months. The GW production BES are still vital to the company until the new system goes on-line so a solution or an idea of what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated.

Hey YoYo,

Do you have an IT policy applied to your devices? You say the Internet Browser works fine. So how do your users get Internet access? Is it via the BES and the "BlackBerry Browser".

I have my users getting Internet access via the Internet Browser, and the I have disabled the BlackBerry Browser via an IT policy. Some devices show all the various browsers, and it get confusing for the user. Other devices have one browser but it must be configured to use either the BlackBerry, Internet, WiFi, or WAP browser settings.