Hello I have 600+ users in the U.S and Canada with varying devices from 7250-8700-8800-8310 ... Server Admins forum

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E

Question Blackberry 8700's randomly shuts itself off

Advertisement

Hello

I have 600+ users in the U.S and Canada with varying devices from 7250-8700-8800-8310 and on multiple carriers
    The majority of users are on AT&T with 8700c..

Every few weeks I get swamped with calls that the 8700 devices are shutting off ... in the middle of calls... or writing e-mails etc..

I am trying to figure out why this is happening
    I just can't imagine that 5 + devices go bad all at the same time! this seems to be more and more almost on a weekly basis
    I have also replaced batteries in some of them.

Has anyone figured this out... is it software or hardware related.??.. I usually wipe the device and reactivate it on the BES... sometimes that works. other times I have to send out a replacement which is ok if I have some good devices on hand... but now I have about 10 device sitting here that I am updating to 4.5 but wonder if I that is the fix.

If anyone has been able to determine what causes this and how to really fix it I would love to hear back.
    Thanks
    MJ

Manu Narayan no está en línea Stack level 1
    We've experienced similar issues. I THINK we've tracked ours down to users who've installed the GMail application from Google. It seems to be the only common themes. Doing a wipe (delete) and reprov, I've not had a repeat issue.