I have a blackberry 8700 it's a company issue, we have a BES. My question ... Server Admins forum

PJS63 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8700 to 8800??

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 8700 it's a company issue, we have a BES. My question is I also have a BB8800 which I like a lot more. They are both from the same service ATT/Cingular if I switch the SIM card will the phone and Exchange email services automaticly setup or do I have to go through an actavation method?

One other question do I have to inform my IT group of the changes in phone? not sure what type of info the Sim card passes or the BES requires?

any help would be appricaited

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Blackberry 8700 to 8800??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Imo I think it would be a good idea to notify IT just to be safe and avoid any crap. Other than that there is a program in the device manager to help you switch between bb's with ease

PJS63 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the response. So it should be easy . does anyone know what type of info the BES keeps in respect to Devices any asset info serial numbers etc??

moffet no está en línea Stack level 1

You will have to advise IT has your PIN will change, with BES and Enterprise Activation you will get 2 last week of email and all contact/calendar/memo/task resyncronise wilrelessly

good luck

gtox no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you need to get an activation password from IT to switch device to make the new device sych. You can try a desktop sych but I am not sure what the BES will see.

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

They will need to delete you from the BES and re create your user. Then Set an activation password.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

No need to delete the user, all they would have to do is set an activation password. When you active the new BB, BES will change the device pin and services automatically. I've upgraded users on our BES and that's all you have to do. But your IT dept does have to get involved.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

no need to notify IT. Just connect your second handheld and the BES will see it as a different PIN and then ask you to switch unless IT has disabled that feature. Its not so much the SIM but the device itself

damadhatter no está en línea Stack level 2

I actually recently did the exact same thing myself. All I needed was an activation password and I was smooth sailing

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can either go the EA password route or kick off an EA via USB sync. Both methods work just fine. You do have to go through an EA though. BES and BIS are not tied via the SIM -- they're tied to the PIN of the BB.