Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok I think I found out what it was. The device software update should be ... Server Admins forum

Donte23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Ok I think I found out what it was. The device software update should be 5.0.0.732. This will allow you to have the option inbox settings if you go into your emails and click on options. The thing is its only doing this for Verizon blackberries and he has a AT&T blackberry. The latest version they show on AT&T website is 5.0.0.602. I may have to give AT&T a call and see if they are getting another update.
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-12-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Formatting

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Donte,

First, if you are trying to adjust your message formatting, it doesn't seem to be working, which is why I've had to go in and edit your posts. Best to just let the default settings be for your posts.

Second, while .602 is the latest "official" OS release from AT&T, you can find newer official releases from other carriers here. I am currently using .862 on my AT&T 9700. You will find detailed instructions on upgrading OS's in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.

So i can download the .862 device software for the AT&T blackberry even though it says Verizon on the website?

Verizon? Do you mean Vodafone?

Yes. Just following the instructions I mentioned, especially removing the vendor.xml file from the AppLoader folder.

In other words, you can download and install an OS from any carrier, as long as it is specific to your device. You just can't install the OS for a 9630 on a 9700.

yes I meant Vodaphone, I will give it a try

Okay, let us know if you need any help.

Here are the instructions I mentioned. I'd suggest going with the "Alternate" version. A little more straight forward and you don't need to worry about Desktop Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Donte,

First, if you are trying to adjust your message formatting, it doesn't seem to be working, which is why I've had to go in and edit your posts. Best to just let the default settings be for your posts.

Second, while .602 is the latest "official" OS release from AT&T, you can find newer official releases from other carriers here. I am currently using .862 on my AT&T 9700. You will find detailed instructions on upgrading OS's in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.
    Thanks for useful info.

Network Management

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12