Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a user who has the 5.0 software on his blackberry and he said ... Server Admins forum

Donte23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry 5.0 software/separate mailboxes

Advertisement

I have a user who has the 5.0 software on his blackberry and he said that he's suppose to be able to have a BES-only mailbox and his personal emails mailbox separated so that they both show on the blackberry.

Can this happen or does this have to be pushed down by the BES client?

Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sounds like he hid the other folders. Have him hit the Menu key and select Show All. Find the other accounts and unhide them by selecting Show on each icon.

I will try that, but lets say I have someone with only the 4.7 software. Can I update them to 5.0 and then this feature will work for them?

It works regardless of OS. I have 4.5 on my BB and it works the same way.

So your BES emails and personal emails aren’t all in the same inbox on the device?
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-10-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Fixed formatting.....

I only have personal emails but each account has its own folder.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What device does your user have? I'm not a BES expert, so there might be something we're missing here.

Have them open a Messages folder, then press the BB Menu button. Scroll down to Options, then select Inbox Options. I'm on a 9700 and this is where it is determined if messages will go to the central repository (the main Messages folder) or individual folders for each account. Also, at the very bottom, there is an option to have the SMS/MMS messages also go to a separate folder, as there has been on older devices/OS's.

Hope this helps.

He has a 9700 and all of his messages go directly into inbox folder. He set up his wife personal e-mail account on her BB (which I believe was the same model number), and two new inboxes were automatically created: (1) personal e-mail only; and (2) BES e-mail only. The main inbox was unchanged(she works at a different company than him) He said that he thinks it may be something on our BES that needs to be changed because it’s not working for him but it is for his wife.
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-10-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Formatting.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, as I said, I'm not a BES expert, but it could very well be something on your BES to allow the separation. I'll see if I can enlist the aid of one of our resident experts.

ok thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'm not 100% clear on the question. Are you saying that all email accounts are going into one folder and you want them in separate folders?
    Last edited by MotoUp; 08-10-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Yes, all email accounts are going into one folder and I want them in separate folders. The thing is I heard that the 5.0 software allows BES only messages and separate mailbox for personal emails.
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-11-2010 at 09:19 AM.

You can have separate folders for BES and personal accounts. On 5.0, you should see a Messages folder, which will include all email accounts, a desktop folder for BES email only, then additional folders for each BIS account. Are the personal folders not showing up? If not, either they're hidden or the possibly the service books need resent? I still get the feeling I'm not fully understanding.

Ok I THINK I got this even though I don't have BES experience. I THINK he only wants BES email to go to THAT folder only, not to any other folder on the device.

It will go to the Desktop folder, and the Messages folder. There is no way to change that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast