I recently decided to move from BIS to a hosted MS Exchange and BES solution ... Server Admins forum

craveonewave no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS to Hosted BES; "Services Status" Question

Advertisement

I recently decided to move from BIS to a hosted MS Exchange and BES solution for OTA synching of contacts, calandar, notes, etc.

I contacted my service provider, Alltel, to change my plan from BIS to BES. They did that for me. I also wiped my BB before doing the Wireless Activation with my hosted Exchange from The Message Center. The Wireless Activation was successful. Everything is working as I would imagine it to (as far as I know as this is my first BlackBerry).

However when I go into Manage Connections > Services Status, both BIS AND BES show "Connection: Mobile Network". I assumed that once I moved over to BES that BIS would change to "Not connected". Shouldn't it say that instead of being connected to both? I searched for an answer but couldn't really find one.

Thanks for any input in advance.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Re: BIS to Hosted BES; "Services Status" Question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~with the bes plan you should have access to both bis and bes not one or the other, that's been how it's been for the 3 carriers I've had any way.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You'll still have access to BIS, as you have a carrier email ( yourname@yourcarrier.blackberry.net) and any other email addresses (comcast,gmail,yahoo,aol, etc) you may have, which are BIS.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats the default way it is set up. Sometimes a company will not allow you access to bis as they end up paying for your personal usage.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

If you're paying for BES service, the BIS service is usually included. Thats how it is on AT&T. I'm assuming its that way on the other carriers since Blackberry's BES and BIS networks are independent of who the carrier is. So you device should say connected for both.

craveonewave no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all the quick replies. I kind of assumed that BIS and BES together was the default. Just wanted to make sure so as to not have a service problem!

Thanks

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not a problem.