Hi, I've been using my 8700c with BIS, but recently moved my email to a ... Server Admins forum

rsamms no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question BIS to BES Migration

Advertisement

Hi,

I've been using my 8700c with BIS, but recently moved my email to a hosted exchange server. The vendor affers BES, and I'm planning to sign up. I have a few questions about migrating .

1. Do I need a different version of the Desktop software ? My HH came with Desktop Manager 4.1.08.

2. I believe that I will have to uninstall the desktop manager and re-install it, is that so ?

3. Will I need to wipe the HH and reconfigure from scratch ?

4. After activating with BES, will I still able to receive e-mail from non- exchange accounts, via BIS ?

If anyone can point me to a step by step set of instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

rs

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42
    Making the switch to BES is not difficult but you will have to reinstall your desktop manager software or at least modify the installiation to BES doesn't matter what version you run as long as the BES admin has no special requirments. You want to ask the admin if he/she is running any IT policies that might limit the functions of your device. As long as he says no then call your provider and let them know your are going to a BES server to make sur your account is provisioned properly. Then activate wirelessly and enjoy. You should be able to keep your BIS email accounts as long an there is not an IT policy preventing it.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

M-66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BIS to BES Migration

New user and loving my BB I'm making the same migration, too. My IT instructions for migration start with some ominous steps to *wipe* my BB! Is this necessary for enterprise activation?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

No that is not necessary. My company did the transition as well and I was fine.

rsamms no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

bbtec and cp6169,
    Thanks for the help. I've been up and running on BES for 2 weeks now. Few problems, but overall fine.