I own a Blackberry Curve with AT&T BIS. I use my own personal Outlook(contacts and ... Server Admins forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

BIS to BES

Advertisement

I own a Blackberry Curve with AT&T BIS. I use my own personal Outlook(contacts and calender) at home that I sync weekly and I grab my IMAP, POP3, and gmail thru BIS. I am thinking about installing BES express on our Exchange. My question is if I move from BIS to BES. Will my contacts and calender be seperated or merged from BIS to BES??? Or maybe I should order another BB so it will not screw up my personal calender/contacts and BES calender/contacts.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: BIS to BES

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo
    I own a Blackberry Curve with AT&T BIS. I use my own personal Outlook(contacts and calender) at home that I sync weekly and I grab my IMAP, POP3, and gmail thru BIS. I am thinking about installing BES express on our Exchange. My question is if I move from BIS to BES. Will my contacts and calender be seperated or merged from BIS to BES??? Or maybe I should order another BB so it will not screw up my personal calender/contacts and BES calender/contacts.
    Hi fondoo. I am not on the BES but i beleive when you activate the phone on BES it syncs wirelessly with the exchnage server and if you try to sync withy your personal outlook it gives you an error b/c it is already set to sync with exchange. Not 100% sure about that though. You may want to send a PM to PacketRat and he may know for sure.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com

Anyone one?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Moving from BIS to BES device contacts were left as they were. In some cases i had to merge contacts.

I would back everything up before proceeding.