I need something clarified for me... First off we are in the process of migrating ... Server Admins forum

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS no longer works after exchange migration

Advertisement

I need something clarified for me...

First off we are in the process of migrating exchange 03 to 07. The new 07 server is up and running except for OWA/webmail (we cant seem to get that to work while in a co-existing state).

All of my BES users are working fine, but some of the BIS users are not getting work email on their BIS accounts. What does BIS use to talk to a exchange email account? Is this a POP3 or OWA issue? I need to know if I should keep tracking this down or wait for the OWA to work before I worry about it.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I would wait to see if activating OWA/webmail makes it work. My understanding is that it uses a "webmail" client to intercept emails (using the username/password you provided ofcourse). So I assume if you don't have OWA/webmail active then the BIS users would not be getting their mail.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

beeerad no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    If you log into a users BIS account you should be able to see if the account is pointing to the OWA address or your pop3 address.