I've been reading in other people's posts that it is possible to run BES and ... Server Admins forum

clafhn no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BIS carrier addresses into BES (Exchange)

Advertisement

I've been reading in other people's posts that it is possible to run BES and BIS simultaneously on a BlackBerry handset. I am in the process of installing a new Exchange server that goes live next week, which will be running BES. All of our BlackBerries are currently on a BIS setup, using a carrier email address (@tmo.blackberry.net) and pulling mail from other POP accounts.

Other posts suggest that it is possible to run BIS and BES simultaneously. What do I need to call the carrier and request? I'm a newbie to the BES process, but the BES professional I'm working says that the carrier needs to switch FROM BIS TO BES.

Alternatively, is there a way to receive carrier email (me@tmo...) straight into my Exchange mailbox and then have it pushed to the handset by BES?

Any help, ideas and expertise would be greatly appreciated!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BIS carrier addresses into BES (Exchange)

Dunno...BUMP for the BES experts.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

clafhn, , Welcome to PinStack.

It depends on the carrier, but I know Cingular does require a BES data plan for each BB that is going to use the company BES. But that being said, you will still have the BIS access on your BBs unless you create an IT policy that shuts down access to that service.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello clafhn, welcome to pinstack.

You can use BES & BIS at the same time. Think of BIS and personal and BES as business. With BIS you can basically send and receive emails, not much more than that. With BES you are in complete control of what you can and cannot do.

The only reason you would want an email address to be on BES rather than BIS would be wireless syncronization and a few other things. If you are only interested in push email leave it on BIS.

I hope this helps. I am in no way a BES expert either.

springloom no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using BES and BIS. I have my BES installed through Enterprise Activation and then I go to the service operator website to login to my BIS. There is an option in which I can send the BIS service book to my blackberry. Now I have both BES and BIS working on my BB 8700g.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

springloom, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information, that is the way it is supposed to work, if your company doesn't restrict access using an IT Policy.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles