I currently have a personal BIS and work wants me to have a bb (I ... Server Admins forum

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

BIS/BES question

Advertisement

I currently have a personal BIS and work wants me to have a bb (I think a 8100)I currently have a 9000 and want to know if I can also hook up to the BES and get my info for work while still using my personal BIS
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Frisco, you can up to a BES on your bold... You'll have to call in to your carrier to switch ur plan...

The only thing will be that your company's BES will enable their IT policies onto your Bold as well, so make sure you know what you're getting into with your personal device first...

IT policies can restrict different functions from browsing to instant messaging to pin messaging etc depending on how your iT department has it set, so just ask em cuz you may not eant those restrictions...

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    So I can't have both then? I know they restrict a lot so maybe I will just carry both devices

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    You would have to check with your company. If they are providing you an 8100, they may not even allow you to connect your personal BB to their BES.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    dude, its a free blackberry that you can drop, scratch, go toliet bowl diving with, make calls to England with.... depending on what they restrict, i would just covert my BB to a regular phone and use the work phone for other stuff. and if it doesnt matter if you have it with you all the time then just leave it in the drawer at work.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... I'd go with the office pearl option... Although I don't recommend the toiletbowl diving...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Lol... I'd go with the office pearl option... Although I don't recommend the toiletbowl diving...
    I'll second that.