2 questions re BIS and BES emails. We have not set up our BES installation ... Server Admins forum

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

BIS and BES

Advertisement

2 questions re BIS and BES emails. We have not set up our BES installation yet and I want to be able to go ahead and use the BB for my POP email account in the meantime. Questions:

1. Can I set up POP email access via BIS and then do the BES activation things once that is all set up and ready to go? I think it works OK having BIS and BES running together, but not sure if there are any initial set-up considerations, e.g. must do BES activation first etc.

2. I have read elsewhere in the stacks that the BB mailbox mixes messages from all email accounts set up, but that there are separate icons for each mailbox that act as filters for each mail account. When the BB syncs with the BES, do all POP emails get sync'd back to my Exchange email? I don't want personal mails getting mixed up with work ones on our company's mail server.

Many thanks

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    i use bis and bes. question 2 is a definate No, Bis mails dont land on the exchange server.

If I understand your questionj 1 correctly, that would be a Yes

Quote Originally Posted by oxide-tones
    i use bis and bes. question 2 is a definate No, Bis mails dont land on the exchange server.

If I understand your questionj 1 correctly, that would be a Yes
    Thanks! I guess Q1 should have ended with does it matter if BIS is set up before BES?

panpan1975 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use BIS and BES too without any problems. I did a BES activation for my device first and then the BIS and I didn't have any issues.

Emails from all accounts (BIS & BES) show up in Messages view as well as SMS messages and PIN messages. There are separate icons for each of the BIS accounts (Each icon is named the email account user@domain.com) that will show only the messages sent to that account. Like the previous user said, the messages from your BIS accounts are not actually sent to your Exchange server, they are only sent to the Blackberry device itself.

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    Thanks! I guess Q1 should have ended with does it matter if BIS is set up before BES?
    I think your question was answered (which is good coz I had BES before I added BIS)

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    Quote Originally Posted by panpan1975
    I use BIS and BES too without any problems. I did a BES activation for my device first and then the BIS and I didn't have any issues.

Emails from all accounts (BIS & BES) show up in Messages view as well as SMS messages and PIN messages. There are separate icons for each of the BIS accounts (Each icon is named the email account user@domain.com) that will show only the messages sent to that account. Like the previous user said, the messages from your BIS accounts are not actually sent to your Exchange server, they are only sent to the Blackberry device itself.
    maybe a note on the icons for the mail folders. They are actually a type of filter. So I have 4 (1 bes account, 3 bis). I choose to have them all showing under the main account, and have blended the three bes (filter) icons out to save space....

Many thanks guys - delayed response as I've been off-air for a few days

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: BIS and BES

My thumb wishes me to go off air for a few days.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Re: BIS and BES

Gar,
    See my posts in here and Voda carriers subforum - make sure you get voda to provision BIS and BES to your handsets to avoid frustration when setting up the bes on devices