Hi Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before. When my users set ... Server Admins forum

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Birthday syncing issue

Advertisement

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before. When my users set a contact's birthday in Outlook on their PC, it syncs to their BB, as the PIM Sync Mapping on the BES has Desktop Field Birthday mapped to Device Field Birthday (surprisingly!) However, the birthday on the handset contact always shows one day earlier than the birthday that is set in the Outlook contact! This is driving me mad - such a small thing but I just can't figure out why it's happening. The BES and the devices and the PCs all have the same time zone so that's not the issue.

So a step-by-step of what's happening:
    - create contact in Outlook with a birthday of say 06-06-06
    - check contact on BlackBerry and the birthday is showing as 05-06-06
    - check contact in Outlook and the birthday is definitely still 06-06-06!

Strangely, if I set birthdays in a new contact on the BlackBerry the correct date appears in the contact in Outlook... Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks
    Dom

Jive no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's not something as silly as the BES server (assuming it's on a seperate server to your exchange server) having the wrong date on it, ie a day behind?

I've just checked a couple of my contacts and they are synched correctly.

Thanks for the response Jive. I double-checked and the BES has the same date/time and is in the same time zone as Exchange.

Jive no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is that happening for every single user?

I'm going to check to see whether any of our other users have the same problem .. and yep they all work, which is of absolutely no help to you

Certainly baffling ... are all the BB set to network time and not BB time?

> Options > Date/Time > change Date/Time Source to Network instead of BlackBerry

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    That happened to me... my birthday was last Monday, the 13th, and my blackberry reminded me on Sunday, that it was my birthday. I thought I must have been crazy, if I had put my birthday reminder incorrectly in to my calendar, but I just ignored it.

Maybe it's for married guys, so the BB gives them an extra to buy that gift they forgot about.

It is happening for all users, but not for every contact for all of the users. Some contacts are fine but I can't see what they have in common. They are all set to Network Time.

Maybe you're right RCode, very forward-thinking of RIM!