I've been toying around with Unite, and I was wondering if anyone could sum up ... Server Admins forum

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3

BES vs. Unite!

I've been toying around with Unite, and I was wondering if anyone could sum up the differences between Unite and a full-fledged BES server, besides the 5-user limit. Also, is it treated as a BES from the carrier side?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    In short, Unite! is for up to 5 users, and allows them to share a common calendar. The admin can enable/disable features on each phone.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me:)
    Don't really have much time to write a full review but I'm sure someone else will. Unite! is a scaled down version of BES. The calendar sharing however is a different feature that BES is currently not meant to do.

Many features in BES are not found "enabled" in this product. Simply said some of the UI's are a way to generate a limited set IT Policy. You cannot "legitelmely have the granular control of devices that you would via the BES IT policy.

Some users try "activating" BES features by hacking Unite! I would strongly discourage this as RIM has tracking features to detect this and ban PIN's if they deem necessary.