I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm currently on a BES and ... Server Admins forum

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

BES- View files on server

Advertisement

I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm currently on a BES and I have created sub folders under my MS Exchange email account inbox. From time to time I place emails in these folders when I'm at work. I want to be able to access them from my blackberry. When I go to my messages on the blackberry and select view folders from the menu I see the folders I created...however NO emails? If I move my email messages using the blackberry I will see them but if I move them using my work computer I don't?

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks for the help

okamosy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2067acbe

Re: BES- View files on server

I can't remember exactly, since I'm not at work righ now, but I believe you need to use dm to mark folders for wireless sync. This should be under the sync program, and you'll need to plug your Blackberry into your pc.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hi with BES you don't choose the settings on DM - in fact you don't even have to instal l DM. On the bes server each user is configured to only sync their inbox by default. You can change this so you sync whichever folders you like. Don't remember exactly where it is in the bes manager but it's easy to find. I'll have a look tomorrow if someone hasn't answered before then.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

On the handheld, goto Messages; Options; Email Settings; click the menu key and choose Folder Redirection; then choose what folders you want synched up; this will not sync mail already in those folders, only mail you move into those folders after you have set up folder redirection

okamosy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2067acbe

Spoook got it right. Open up the BES Manager and right-click your name from the users list. From there, you select "Choose Folders for Redirection" and you can set it all up there. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

Thanks for the help everyone

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I tried those things listed. These files still don't show up. Any ideas

msingewald no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30490cbe

I have the same results after trying the same things. I'd love to know what I missed.

Thanks Okamosy, saved me looking it up. Are new messages in those folders coming in now you have ticked them in BES?

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I don't see any of the messages. But I do see the folders on the berry. I have everything set to redirect but when I put emails in the folder I see nothing on the berry.

strange - and out of my league. Doing the above seems to solve the problem for me most of the time. Without wanting to send you off on the wrong league, it might be an idea to recheck all permissions. I know most of the problems I have had with BES have been permissions based. Have you granted BES Admin all the appropriate permissions? There are some pretty good besadmins in here. hopefully one will be able to answer better than I. Sorry I couldn't be more help...