Hi all, I am running a BES 4.1.4 for GroupWise. I have a user on ... Server Admins forum

mrmitch5150 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BES user's email not reflecting opened emails?

Advertisement

Hi all,

I am running a BES 4.1.4 for GroupWise. I have a user on a 8100 that doesn't has his phone on most of the time. When he does turn it on to check email, it will populate his inbox with whatever is there, however it will show everything as new messages, even if he has opened it in GroupWise. If the phone is on, it works fine. Basically if the phone is off and he opens email, it doesn't show as been opened when he turns the phone back on.

Is this normal since he does not have his phone on? Or is there some setting that I can change to reflect what he has read and what he has not.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mrmitch5150; 04-30-2008 at 09:18 PM.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If he does a "reconcile now" does that reflect the changes?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a couple users like that and they don't reconcile, even with reconcile now...I have wondered if the BES gives up trying to reconcile them after a long time being off. I have also wondered if they have had it off so long that the time and date is wrong...so when the emails come down they are often the wrong time and date and so they don't sync.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

YellowMenace no está en línea Stack level 1

Similar Issue

I too have a couple of user who like the keep their inbox tiddy. They are complaining that when the delete a message from their inbox (also read the message) that the delete+read is not reflected in their blackberry. Also on Novell Groupwise + BES 4.1.4.28. Thanks for any help.....

mrmitch5150 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    If he does a "reconcile now" does that reflect the changes?
    I've tried this with no luck. Any other thoughts or ideas?

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowMenace View Post
    I too have a couple of user who like the keep their inbox tiddy. They are complaining that when the delete a message from their inbox (also read the message) that the delete+read is not reflected in their blackberry. Also on Novell Groupwise + BES 4.1.4.28. Thanks for any help.....
    If Reconcile Now from the BB does not work...

make sure hard-delete support is enabled. I had a few users who would mass hard delete emails or who would delete and empty the trash in the same day (same as hard delete).

Enable Hard Deletes Reconciliation

1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
    2. In the Explorer view, click Server.
    3. On the Server Configuration tab, click Edit Properties, then click Messaging.
    4. For the Hard Deletes Reconciliation option, choose True from the drop-down menu.
    5. Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.

Important: When you restart certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services, you may experience a delay in message delivery to BlackBerry devices. For more information on message delivery delays refer to KB04789.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!