I am getting ready to upgrade our company BES from 4.1.0.40 to 4.1.4. Has anyone ... Server Admins forum

daveag10 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Upgrade to 4.1.4

Advertisement

I am getting ready to upgrade our company BES from 4.1.0.40 to 4.1.4. Has anyone come across any gotchas that they are willing to share. Seems like a pretty smooth upgrade process when I tested.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BES Upgrade to 4.1.4

Are you on MS exchange? This should help:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...all_guide.html

preuegl no está en línea Stack level 2

the upgrade will require the installation files from your previous install (4.1.0.40) be located on your server. It'll have to access those to complete the upgrade. Otherwise it was a simple upgrade for me (our company uses exchange)

yes. we are on exchange 2003 sp1.

As a follow up. The upgrade has been completed and all went smoothly. The upgrade itself took about 15 minutes to complete including the mandatory reboot. Mail flow resumed normally after about 2 hours.

Environtment: Our bes is running in an exchange 2003 environment with 270 users. Many of the users have very large mailboxes ranging from 1 to 15 GB in size. (Crazy isnt it, 15 GB. thats another story) We upgraded from 4.1.0.40 to 4.1.4. I also installed MR4.

With MR4, if you plan to install this shortly after the upgrade, make sure to stop the BES services prior to applying the patch. I made the mistake of not shutting down the services thinking it would shut them off for me and it thre up and error. The error removed some of the BES services and set some to manual. On the next reboot the services were missing. I then reinstalled MR4 without any problems. This install added the services back and started them all correctly on the next reboot. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks all for the help and tips.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the post