I am having issues with BES in a windows small business server 2003 environment. First ... Server Admins forum

OHFire no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319D4357

BES Troubleshooting

Advertisement

I am having issues with BES in a windows small business server 2003 environment. First off I am not an IT person, I am from a small fire department and we have exchange server 2003 for our environment. I have the only blackberry in the department and we have one license for blackberry enterprise server. I installed it following the directions and had imediate problems with not being able to send email from the phone through my department email address. The phone will sync with my calendar and I receive emails on the phone but I am unable to send. I have looked up all the help and I have plodded through the checking to make sure all the settings were correct as far as the "send as" settings. I am looking for any guidance or perhaps any diagnostic tools that can be run to help me with the problem. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    Sounds like the permissions for you BESAdmin service account haven't been set correctly.

It needs SendAs permission to your mailbox.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    319D4357
    {jcorder@coshoctonfire.org} Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, Tag=8724
    {jcorder@coshoctonfire.org} MAPIMailbox::Send(ppMAPIMessage) - SubmitMessage (0x80070005) failed

These are the two messages I get in the application log when I try to send from my blackberry.

jimmyfeet no está en línea Stack level 1
    As you only have one user on your BES, then you will need to run through the following. This is assuming that you were logged in as BESAdmin when you installed the BES software: -

1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
    2. From the View menu, select the Advanced Features option.
    3. Locate your user account (in the users container most likely) and double click.
    4. On the Security tab, click Advanced.
    5. You should see the BESAdmin account listed here. If not, click Add and select the BESAdmin account.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Select the Send As check box.
    8. Click Apply and then click OK.
    You will then need to go into the Windows services and stop the BlackBerry Router service for approx 20 mins. Once you restart the service, try sending a brand new email as opposed to resending an old one - this should now work.

If you still can't send at this point then go back into ADUC and check that BESAdmin still has the send as permission over your user account as above.

PIN/ID
    319D4357
    All of those settings are already there. They have been there since I installed, but it still will not work. I was on the phone with rim for hours and they are unable to figure it out either.

PIN/ID
    319D4357
    should I try deleting the besadmin account and then re-add it?

PIN/ID
    319D4357
    Thanks for the help! Jimmyfeet I went back and reset all of those settings, and then I shut off the router and restared it, then I restarted the entire server and it is working great! Thanks again for the information and help.