Well, in a few short months, I will be adding another section to my job ... Server Admins forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask

Question BES Training

Well, in a few short months, I will be adding another section to my job description...BES Administrator...I know, lucky me.

I'm actually excited about the opportunity as I LOVE my BB and telling and showing people how to use theirs...hence, being a Pinstack member (Don't mention BB to my girlfriend though, she'll go off on

Anywhoser, the real reason for my post is to ask, what is the best way to learn the ways of the BES besides, of course, Pinstack? I know BB offers training courses but I am traveling enough already this year for my job and really don't care to add any other destinations and $1000 a course is pretty steep. I think they offer online training courses as well for a price. Have any of you taken these courses through Blackberry and are they worth the money or would I learn just as much by reading the FAQ's and what-not here on the "Stacks"?

Thank you in advance for your posts and I am open to any suggestions for an up & coming BES Admin Newbie...

Go COWBOYS!!!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: BES Training

When I got the BES Admin title handed to me I was a complete BB novice. The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty and use your BB as a test subject. If you check out the Similar Threads section right about your first post there will be lots of good info there. Also hanging out in the BES section can't hurt
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

Berel no está en línea Stack level 1

When I became the BES admin I knew very little about blackberries. RIM has excellent server and device documentation on their support site, and I just went through all of that. I then began digging around the different devices we had and the server itself and learned alot more. I would start there. Later on I was able to get approval to go to training, and while there was some new stuff, most of it I found I already knew from reading documentation.

webber no está en línea Stack level 2

I've taken the both Level 1 and 2 of the BES classes.
    They are expensive, but I've found they are worth it. But then again, I got thrown into the BES Admin role when our BES Admin quit and we had no backup. AND we were just starting our migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange.
    They were good, and I was taught alot, but if I had the time experimenting and reading forums would have taught me the same.
    Get your hands wet! Download a couple of the device simulators for RIM's site. Build a couple of 'fake' email address and play with those. Also, back up your own BB. You will be wiping it
    Last edited by webber; 02-23-2008 at 11:19 PM.

‹_› ‹(•ż•)› ‹_›