This morning I added my $19.99 data service for T-mobile 8320. I was dinking around ... Server Admins forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

BES on t-mobile's 19.99 data plan

Advertisement

This morning I added my $19.99 data service for T-mobile 8320. I was dinking around on the blackberry server at work and added my personal cell phone to it. To my surprise It activated! I called T-mobile's blackberry experts and told them what I did and the guy was really cool and laughed and said my blackberry shouldnt have never activated. So he told me to milk it basically untill it gets shut off. He said that there is like a period of time where the network refreshes the rights a stuff and I caught it at the right time. He said since im paying for my internet that I would not get in trouble. I thought I would share my story with everyone.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Thats weird. I wonder if that doesnt happen more often.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    yeah really!!! Ride the wave as long as you can...it's their problem and not yours :-D. I don't have BES in my workplace so it doesn't affect me really...but enjoy!
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Luck on your side.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

patrick168 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    This morning I added my $19.99 data service for T-mobile 8320. I was dinking around on the blackberry server at work and added my personal cell phone to it. To my surprise It activated! I called T-mobile's blackberry experts and told them what I did and the guy was really cool and laughed and said my blackberry shouldnt have never activated. So he told me to milk it basically untill it gets shut off. He said that there is like a period of time where the network refreshes the rights a stuff and I caught it at the right time. He said since im paying for my internet that I would not get in trouble. I thought I would share my story with everyone.
    Jeffallen8 - That's awesome news (for you)!

On your home screen is the edge in the upper right hand corner in lower or UPPER case? Just wondering.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Upper case EDGE

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    nice! so you did find the end of the rainbow I would milk it too as long as i could. congrats

dgduffy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DBE5D5
    I am not sure of the point of this thread - I have 'private' BB 8700 with the Tmo data service, and am currently cruising in Greece and Turkey for two months. My BB is tethered to my laptop - which I am using at this moment, and I use it for email and weather, news, etc., every day, and there has never been any extra charge, other than the 19 bucks. I thought this was normal.

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick168 View Post
    Jeffallen8 - That's awesome news (for you)!

On your home screen is the edge in the upper right hand corner in lower or UPPER case? Just wondering.
    whats the difference

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by dgduffy View Post
    I am not sure of the point of this thread - I have 'private' BB 8700 with the Tmo data service, and am currently cruising in Greece and Turkey for two months. My BB is tethered to my laptop - which I am using at this moment, and I use it for email and weather, news, etc., every day, and there has never been any extra charge, other than the 19 bucks. I thought this was normal.
    I have my device connected to a BES server, I get all my emails, contacts, notes from outlook on my phone. If someone sends me a email I can read it and replay just like a text message. Normally it cost like 30 dollars to get the Ulimited BES data services, But I only pay 19.99.

Lexo,
    Lower case edge = voice service
    upper case EDGE = voice, data services

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    The odd thing is I know people who have brought me BBs with the $20 plan they couldn't be added to our BES. Must be either human or system glitch.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!