I work as an internal IT for a software company that has just rolled out ... Server Admins forum

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BES syncing Issue

Advertisement

I work as an internal IT for a software company that has just rolled out a huge BlackBerry Curve 8330 project. Every associate within the company has received a phone, and i am the man to report to. I have gained all the knowledge that i have now about the phones in just a few short weeks. Yet i feel as though i am very educated on the “ins and outs” of the device functionality.

QUESTION:: I have activated over 100+ of these devices thus far with very little complaints. BUT, the current issue that i am stuck with now is the "reconciliation" between outlook and the BlackBerry.

A few people have reported that the phone does not delete emails off the phone when they are deleted off Outlook? Why is that? is that a setting, or maybe just a poor synce?

I am using the BES to sync the devices. Please e-mail me directly if you can at…

Joshua.Fleischer@OEconnection.com

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Nedric7; 09-17-2008 at 12:13 PM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You need to make sure wireless reconciliation is turned on through the BES and the option is on through each phone. Also, under Messages, Options, Email Reconciliation is that set to Prompt or Handheld or Mailbox? Mine is set to prompt so I have the choice to delete it only from my device or both my device and the server?

Are users reporting emails not deleting at all or it is taking some time? The BES does not see reconciling deleted or opened messages on the device as a priority task so it will delete them but it usually takes up to 15-30 minutes.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

wellsm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    You need to make sure wireless reconciliation is turned on through the BES and the option is on through each phone. Also, under Messages, Options, Email Reconciliation is that set to Prompt or Handheld or Mailbox? Mine is set to prompt so I have the choice to delete it only from my device or both my device and the server?
    The default is "Handheld" and not "Handheld and Mailbox" so deletes by default don't transfer over. I sure wish there was an IT Policy setting for that one.