I have a user that is on MST (Colorado)and the base of our company is ... Server Admins forum

MrsKL no está en línea Stack level 2

BES Sync Issue

Advertisement

I have a user that is on MST (Colorado)and the base of our company is EST (NY).

Over the last few months he's had a problem with his calendar sync from this 8703 to his Outlook (03). If he updates an entry on his BB that he created on Outlook, he can look on Outlook and see the change, but if he creates a new entry on his BB, it does not sync.

We have resent service books, given him a new device, deleted and re-created his Outlook account all several times. This fixes the problem for a short period of time (one day to two weeks)

We are all at our wits end with this issue.. can anyone offer any other suggestions?

thanks a million,
    KL
    245869B3
    AT&T Curve Since 3/2008
    AT&T Pearl (for a year)
    Sprint 8830 (for a year)

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: BES Sync Issue

Sounds like a problem with the BES, Check and make sure his PIM Sync is bi-directional on his BES Account. Also are you running the latest SP and BES on your server?
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

We have had the same problem on our BES since the start. In the app event log we get an error: {kelleenfrancis} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Invalid CDO timezone setting.

Nobody has ever been able to help us fix it (RIM support, Pinstack etc) I think it has to do with an Exchange daylight savings patch we downloaded in australia last year, but our time zones are fine so I'm stumped. finally we decided not to waste any more time and just sync the calendar with desktop manager.

My advice is clear your app log on the BES server, then add a calendar entry on your BB. See if you get an error in the app log. At least that is a good place to start...

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

Does it work if you change the users timezone to est?

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Make sure your CDO.dll is the same version on the BES as what's on the Exchange server.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com