Hey guys, i need some help here. i have just recently taken up a position ... Server Admins forum

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3

BES Server Re-recommendations

Hey guys,
    i need some help here.
    i have just recently taken up a position at my job of activating blackerries on the companies BES server.
    here's my problem : between of 11am and 5pm i can't activate any blackberries at all. anytime before and after, activation is a breeze!!!

i believe that the server becomes soo congested during the business hours that the poor thing isnt able to handle any more requests.

From what i can gather about the server ,its running at 4gb of ram and a 2.80GHZ xeon processor.
    it has 635 users. The blackberry MDS connection serice is enabled ..the BES server version is

can any of you constructively critize this setup? add some tips in how to improve this server etc...
    ALL suggestions/reccomendations are welcome!

thank you in advance!

audit no está en línea BES Guru

Re: BES Server Re-recommendations

Install MR3 on your BES. What kind of connection is on your LAN to the mail server? Is your Database local or on a remote server? What OS is on your BES and Exchange server? What version of Exchange are you running? Are all the BB's the same model/OS/carrier?

That's a start
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit