I'm running a fresh install of BES 4.1.6.16 with GroupWise 7.0.3HP2 and am unable to ... Server Admins forum

GreenNight no está en línea Stack level 1

BES says soap not enabled on GroupWise?

Advertisement

I'm running a fresh install of BES 4.1.6.16 with GroupWise 7.0.3HP2 and am unable to sync my device with my mailbox. I can send emails from my device, and I can sync the address book but not push down any emails to the device. I check the BES logs and found the following:

[34154] (03/30 15:25:15):{0x14B0} {GWSC} {GWSoapConnector} Mailstore test start, test level=1
    [34116] (03/30 15:25:15):{0x14B0} {GWSC} {blackberry} Login: Start
    [14047] (03/30 15:25:26):{0x14B0} {GWSC} {blackberry} Login Failed: Err=Login Response status was empty, verify user's POA is running with SOAP enabled, UserName=blackberry
    [34045] (03/30 15:25:26):{0x14B0} {GWSC} {blackberry} Logout admin user

Now blackberry is an account I created in GW, and I double checked the POA in consoleone and SOAP is definitely enabled. I even verified it by telnetting in to the POA server, but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm going to reply to this and say a RIM tech figured it out.

Apparently installing the BES software through RDP can really mess up the install. Removing the software and re-installing through the console fixed the issue.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Sorry I missed this thread. I really don't know anything about Groupwise, but one lesson I learned a long time ago is to never install server software remotely. I know that doesn't help you now...lol

Glad you got it figured out.

tcable no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNight View Post
    I'm going to reply to this and say a RIM tech figured it out.

Apparently installing the BES software through RDP can really mess up the install. Removing the software and re-installing through the console fixed the issue.
    It's not that installing through RDP is the issue, you need to be in the console session.

This can be done by adding the /console or /admin flag to your shortcut like this "%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe /admin"

It's really common for apps to not install correctly if not in the console session. I'm running my bes on a blade so effectively we have to do everything from an rdp session as the blades are headless

Right, that is exactly what I had to do. We're running BES on a VM, so I could have used VirtualCenter instead.