Hello. A client of mine just got a Blackberry Bold (not sure of model number ... Server Admins forum

SilkBC no está en línea Stack level 1

BES: Remote Address lookup?

A client of mine just got a Blackberry Bold (not sure of model number offhand). I got her connected to their BES, but when she goes into her Contacts, instead of displaying all the contacts from her Address Book, it gives her an option for "Remote Lookup"

I have never seen this option before. Whenever I have added a Blackberry to BES, it has always pulled the user's contacts to the Blackberry's addressbook and then from there kept them in sync.

Is this something new, and is there a way to get it to go back pulling the user's contacts onto the Blackberry?

Thanks! :-)

BBQueen_ICT no está en línea Stack Professional
    The "Remote Address Lookup" feature has been around at least since BES 3.6 or 3.5. Verify from the BlackBerry Smartphone that the "Wireless Synchronization" is set to enabled under Contacts, Options, Contact Lists: Default. You can also perform a reset of the contacts database by typing: RSET (you will not see the letters typed on the screen) from the Contacts Option section, which will wipe ALL the existing contacts (if any) and force a slow synch of the Outlook Contacts back to the BlackBerry Smartphone. (If contacts are present, highly recommend backing up the BlackBerry Contacts prior to performing the RSET) Hope that helps.