Hi Guys I am possibly going to add redirector to my work PC but its ... Server Admins forum

england66 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES redirector

Advertisement

Hi Guys

I am possibly going to add redirector to my work PC but its a lot of messing about with IT dept so wondered if you could answer these questions please?

1. Will calendar sync?
    2. If i delete emails on handset will this sync with PC
    3. Any other useful info?

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: BES redirector

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

#1 - No
    #2 - No
    #3 - ??

The only way to get wireless calendar sync is through a BES. (Or a tortured setup of Google Calendar, but that may be more headache than you're prepared for, and it never really worked too well for me, so I abandoned it.)

Redirector is simply an application which runs on your computer and monitors your mail client and sends email to your BlackBerry. It's a one way process. And your computer needs to be on all the time.

If your company doesn't support BES, then it would better, in my opinion, to have email from work forwarded to your BlackBerry. Or use BIS to retrieve your work email if remote access is supported (POP3, IMAP, OWA).

england66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES redirector

Ok I wont bother with the redirector thing as I have set rules on outlook which redirects my mail to blackberry and it doesnt matter if the computer is on or not.

My company does have BES but my SIM card does not support it and having difficulties get them to send me a new one.