My blackberry service is currently on a BES. My company allows me to pay for ... Server Admins forum

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

BES question NEED HELP

Advertisement

My blackberry service is currently on a BES. My company allows me to pay for the device and hook up to the network to get email. Fortunately they let me use the BIS to set up personal emails which is great. So I currently have BES and BIS together. Normally I can surf the internet but cannot get into the company intranet, which is cool with me because they would restrict the websites I could go to. So here is my question… I just switched to the 8310 and performed the switch via the desktop manager. Now for some reason I can do everything and access the company intranet. This concerns me because reading some posts here this data could be tracked as I’m sure the internet browser is running through the company’s BES and I don’t want them seeing where I go. I followed haydens post on switching MDS to prompt , which would alert me to this but I don’t get any prompts?? What gives? How can I find out what is going on? Am I running through the BES or BIS?

Please help.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Re: BES question NEED HELP

I know this is not the answer that you are looking for but it just seems right to say this:
    Let your employer know.
    Then they can probably get you back to normal.
    See if they can indeed trace you and/or probably realize at some point of the access you currently have, they may stop trusting you, at least I would If I was your boss.
    My 2 cents

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I know what you are saying. But I'm paying to have this device. Both the phone and extra charges. I don't put anying on the device(can't anyway) but I don't see the sense in them knowing that I check out our fantasy football site on Saturdays Well maybe Monday . Thats really it so I just want to know whats going on. I personally think the way its set now is what they are intending but I have friends that are the way I used to be.

I changed when I switched devices. Got any ideas?

rodt3 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do they activate you ota on their BES. If so then you may need that and 8310 does not plauy nice with BES somtimes depending on rules.
    Rod

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I connect the device to my laptop and lauch the desktop software. It switches the device and goes through an activation process. Don't know if its online or ota.

heypastorbob no está en línea Stack level 1
    I love my 8830 but the ringer volume is too soft. When you listen to ring tones they are loud but when you use them they are too soft to hear, seems like they are getting softer. Help!

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

Digging through the device last night I think that Opera mini uses my company network connection to access the internet. I can change the firewall setting to deny company network and this causes problems with mini. I think the embedded BB browswer has the ability to use MDS or carrier. Is there anyway to redirect mini to use the carrier or can someone comfirm what I think?

I would also like someone to confirm if this is the case..under options/security/firewall/connections does "company network" mean what it says (using the company to access the internet) and carrier internet mean using ATT wireless?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you're really concerned about privacy then you need to keep it entirely off the company BES.

heypastorbob no está en línea Stack level 1
    I love my 8830 but the ringer volume is too soft. When you listen to ring tones they are loud but when you use them they are too soft to hear, seems like they are getting softer. Help!

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by heypastorbob

Hi Pastorbob, I suggest you post a new thread for better chances of anyone coming to aid you .
    -cabron