We have a BES Professional server with a few users on it which seem to ... Server Admins forum

clikkaboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25435BC7

BES Professional OTA Activation

Advertisement

We have a BES Professional server with a few users on it which seem to be working perfectly most of the time! For all of these users, we have had to activate them using a USB cable as OTA activation does not seem to work.

We have following what all the instructions say, but must have missed something along the line?

Our BES is behind a firewall, we have opened port 52311 (as per the forum threads) inbound to only that server. All ports from that server are open outbound. We generate an activation email, it goes to the mailbox required and we leave it there. We activate on the device, and it says "Activating" for about 15-30 minutes before it comes back and says contact your system administrator.

Can anyone please give me some guidance on where to look for more information.

We have about 15 devices to activate OTA in the next couple of weeks and hopefully want to be able to do this remotely, instead of them coming in to the office.

Thanks in anticipation!
    http://www.erme.co.uk | PIN: 25435BC7 | skype: elliottriley

pagej no está en línea Stack level 1
    Never had any luck with the activation email, I just set an activation password then email the password to them

PIN/ID
    25435BC7
    The activation email sends and is received by the user account, but when they try to activate that's when it errors.

I'm hoping I can get this to work as we have 15 of them to do OTA rather than paying for our field staff to come into the office to be connected via USB!

pagej no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why not try and set an activation password, email them the password and have them activate to see if that works

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    1. Just try and do it wirelessly.
    2. Is the activation email making it through to the users outlook or getting caught in a spam filter somewhere?

ahages no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251D1772
    Make sure the user is not over his mail quota. When the user types in his activation password a message is (should be if all is working) sent to the mail address but if the user is over his mail quota (at least on Domino Environments) this seems to fail as the BES fails to pick up this encrypted message.

PIN/ID
    25435BC7
    It seems to happen with every user unfortunately - some of the mailboxes are completely new and empty. We have had the activation email stuck in the spam filter and have tried dragging it in to the mailbox, but now we have added it to the whitelist so it doesn't get caught, although - it still doesn't seem to work!
    http://www.erme.co.uk | PIN: 25435BC7 | skype: elliottriley

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I have had no luck activating any BB using the "Generate Password & Email" command. I've had to wipe each device, set the password through the BB Device Manager, and then activate the device. Each device has activated, some with a little more problems than others but I've been able to successfully activate them all going through these steps.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE