Hey guys Sorry if my post seems kinda dumb but I am new to BB ... Server Admins forum

england66 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES problems

Advertisement

Hey guys

Sorry if my post seems kinda dumb but I am new to BB and pinstack.

I recently purchased a BB (7130g) from my company as it was a really good deal. I was sold on the idea of accessing work email/calendar when out on business.

Anyway I receive the device and manage to get my personal email configured within about 20 mins. However I then tried to get work email and have no end of problems.

I got my IT dept to configure my outlook account but when activating 'enterpise activation' unfortunatley i got the error message 'no response from server'

After lots of phone calls and investigation it turns out I have BIS on my account and not BES. I have tried to get BES added but because I purchased the BB myself and wasnt given it by work I am running into problems with them saying they wont add BES.

This is all really confusing to me (a newcomer)

Any suggestions guys?????

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BES problems

Normally BES is controlled 100% by your work. I know where I work it must be a company BB in order to get on the Comany BES, period. There is nothing you can do to get on the company's BES if they don't want you too. You might be able to forward your work email to the BB someother way, possibly just turning a forward on, if available. Make sure you won't get fired for it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Yeah I have a redirect on through outlook which is ok - it just bugs me that when I delete the emails I then have to delete them on my desktop again

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

One thing, does your company have a BES? A BES is a server that your company must set up specifically to use for redirecting corporate email to Blackberries. The enterprise activation only communicates with a BES server.

Stringer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300D9519

One thing that may help you is that the carrier of the device IE T-Mobile, Sprint,Nextel,Cingular has to confirm with you that your account is setup to communicate with the BES Server. I am aware of only one company that does not give you that option when purchasing the BB device and that is T-mobile. T-mobile BB needs account needs to have the extra account for the BES added to your plan. I do beleive it is an additional 20 dollars for the BES acitvation along with the encryption key and the BES CMIME to be deployed to your device. If you are with another company you should be able to add your account to the BES and then activate it with either a wireless enterprise activation or with the DTM. Sounds like to me your account has not been added on the BES.

ptang92 no está en línea Stack level 1

In order to activate your device for BES, you must have the the Provisioning service book. You can check for this in 'Options/Service Book'. If this service book is not on your device, you must contact your carrier to add the BES provisioning service to your BB account before you can communicate with your company BES server. Patrick

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Stringer and ptang92, Welcome to PinStack, and thanks to both of you for your help

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    One thing, does your company have a BES? A BES is a server that your company must set up specifically to use for redirecting corporate email to Blackberries. The enterprise activation only communicates with a BES server.
    Yeah my company has its own BES and IT say they have set it up and they have given me a password for 'enterprise activation'.

I think my carrier needs to provision BES on my SIM card as well as BIS, which I believe is going to cost me.

(Im in UK by the way)

efibendor no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi I have the same problem but i know the cause. I purchased the bb and it is registerd under my personal name and not business name so the carrier Cellcom will only activate BIS.

the account with your carier has to be business name (business account) for them to agree to activate BES. (it does not matter to them if you have BES somewhere an wiliing to pay the monthly connection fee to the carrier in Israel 50 USD per month.)

so its kind of absured but thats the way it is, also in my case being a business account is not enough. the account must be the owner of at least 9 cell phones of any kind, for them to enable BES (they want to know you are large client....!)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

efibendor, Welcome to PinStack.

Is there another carrier there in Israel that you can switch to that carries the BB Service? If not, I would say you have a problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    When a user is added to a BES server an email is sent to the users inbox that contains an encryption key (These can't be seen by the end user unless there is an issue). Before the activation will begin that email must be accessed by the BES server. Some admins would have seen these when a SPAM filter has blocked them or an error occured and they have been left in the inbox.

There is no reason why your Telco can't add BES codes to your account. But even if you get BES goes your IMSI number from your device will be pointed at the BIS service on the RIM relay. You can just call BlackBerry support via your Telco and get this reset, once activated on the BES. In these cases it's much quicker to do a cabled activation.