Hi, I have little experience with BES, but I have a client who runs about ... Server Admins forum

youralgebra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F7601B

Lightbulb BES + Outlook Contacts = Awesome

Advertisement

Hi,

I have little experience with BES, but I have a client who runs about 10 blackberries through a hosted BES. They have sort of a lot of employee turnaround and are looking for an easy way to update the contact lists in their outlook/blackberries without sending out a vcard via outlook and then syncing their bbs to their pcs every time there is a change. Is there a way to keep a contact list on the BES, make changes to that remotely, then send out the changes to the blackberries AND have it update in their outlook? Or can someone point me in the direction of a site/resource that has more information on contact lists and BES? Blackberry Technical Knowledge Centre is not helping me so much at the moment. Help me narrow it down?

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BES + Outlook Contacts = Awesome

Create a webpage with the company contacts and make it viewable on a mobile device. Then just send everyone the link.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...here, here!

youralgebra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F7601B

That's a good idea, but they also want to update their outlook too. I wasn't sure if this was possible.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

youralgebra,

I don't know if their Hosted BES allows or supports it, but you might look into using a Global Address List on the Exchange Server. Try the following link and read though the posts and threads listed to see if something will help. Global Address List.

If the link doesn't work. Just go to the search pull down on the Pinstack menu bar and type in Global Address List.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lwong no está en línea Stack level 1

itrezzo's Emergency Preparedness Software does exactly what you're looking for. You create a master Contacts list that you add, delete, and make changes to. This master list is managed in everyone's Outlook Contacts and thus their BlackBerry handhelds as well.