Hi, I was wondering if anybody has had the following problem. I installed BES server ... Server Admins forum

ggoode23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BES only redirecting when pc is on

Advertisement

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has had the following problem. I installed BES server on a Small Business Server 2003 premium and all went well - I followed the procedure of installing desktop redirector on the pc of the user who has the BB (8310 Curve) and that too went well. (I stipulated all the necessary info i.e. BES installation, Exchange profile was selected etc.) When desktop redirector starts up it show that it is communicating with the BES server - however the BB only receives email when the pc is turned on and outlook is open. It is almost as though BES is not even in the loop and Desktop Redirector is running by itself - like a BIS installation. i have installed BES before on Exchange 2003 and have a number of Servers running seamlessly with no issues. I also understand that it isnt a good idea to run BES on the Exchange Server itself but i cannot believe that this would cause my issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

By the way the phone did a successful wireless sync with the BES server.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sounds like your using the Redirector to push your emails and not the BES.

If thats the case, emails wont be redirected to your BB if its not running

go into your BES server and send the Service books down and see if that helps...also, if you go into Security settings it should have the name of the IT Policy that is setup on your BES server....if you didn't set one up it will say DEFAULT
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Thanks for replying ice44, I have not sent any IT policies to the device so it should be on default. Have not used policies on the BES before (no need?) so would this make a difference?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    the Policy wont make a difference...its just used to lock down and control certain functions

for example I force all my users to have a password and for the device to lock after 5 mins of no use...this is to secure company data on the device

On your BES manager do you see the user and the PIN number ? Can you send a PIN or email from the BES to the device ?

What I would do is wipe the device, remove DM and settings and perform a OTA activation from the BES

go into BES and add the user, set the activation password and then go to the device and perform a Enterprise activation.....

if the user doesn't have the Enterprise data package then it wont work.....then you have to use DM to redirect the emails ( PC on, Outlook open, redirector running ) in order to get emails on your device...
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Thanks for this - yes you can send a pin message to the device. I will try to wipe the device and start from scratch. Thanks for the help will let you know.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Why don't you just use the BES to redirect emails instead of the redirector? It gives you that option when adding the device?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Never mind follow what ice said
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users

http://twitter.com/#!/knottyrope