hi there, I'm almost sure that from what I've seen so far that this is ... Server Admins forum

Insane_Homer no está en línea Stack level 1

BES on multiple domains via trusts?

Advertisement

hi there,

I'm almost sure that from what I've seen so far that this is not possible but my IT director who's organized a free 30 trial of BES for our organization is under the impression that it can be done.

I've admined a 15 user BES in a single domain environment before, but this is a whole new ball game.

We are receiving the BES software and 5 Devices tomorrow for installation and I have server ready for the server software.

I just cant see how it's going to be possible to get the BES server to talk to each of the exhange servers independently.

I mean you'd have to setup permissions to each domain and connector to each exchange server on a single BES. I just don't think it's possible.

Can anyone confirm on deny my hunch?

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES on multiple domains via trusts?

yes its possible if there is a trust, BES talks to exchange via MAPI and MAPI can travel across domains. if it was a diffrent ORG then i twouldnt be possible, but diffrent domain is.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3
    i would call up rim and ask them. If you are on a trial they will let you know if it is possible.

Can you load 2 bes servers one on each domain?

btw bes express = bes small biz is free

search google for "blackberry express"

click the first link and input the first pin of a device, register and get a bes serial number and all info needed for free bes.

then keep registering all the devices one by one and you can add the serials into the server and not pay a cent.

great thanks guys, I'll give it a crack today.

ok, I've got the bes installed and talking to the local exchange server no problem.

Any Ideas how I get a mapi connection to the other exchange servers? I can't see anything obvious is the server setup that will allow me to add a second connection