Im new with BES and trying to understand everything as I am supporting them so ... Server Admins forum

JoeyBagodonuts no está en línea Stack level 1

BES not syncing with phone....

Advertisement

Im new with BES and trying to understand everything as I am supporting them so please bare with me if I sound dumb....I was hoping someone could please help with my issue..i have about 400 users who are on the BES and everything seemed to be working fine until yesteday and today....I have random users who phones are not getting emails....all are on different email exchange servers, wireless option is enabled....if you look at the BES you can see it communicating with the phone but no luck getting the emails....also if I wipe the device and re-add them to the BES it takes hours for the enterprise activation to complete compared to no more than a 30 minutes before...also when I delete a user in the BES, it usually takes it a few seconds for them to disappear but the past two days it has taken atleast 10-20 minutes for the user to be completely deleted...the BES has been rebooted a few times.....it seems as the day goes on, more and more people are noticing they arent getting any emails..and im fearing this will be a long weekend for me....has anyone seen anything like this before?.....If more info is needed please let me know.....I appreciate anyones help in advance.....

BarnesIT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

Re: BES not syncing with phone....

Have you changed any configuration settings recently on the BES? What is your max user limit on the BES? When I go over my limit, things seem to slow way down until I clean up termed users. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to suggest. EA really shouldn't take any longer than 10-15 minutes either, depending on the number of contacts they have.

petermijackson no está en línea Stack level 1

Joey, I am also having this issue, did you find a fix for it?

i moved the users mailbox to a different exchange server and it fixed the issue....had the issue come up twice and it worked both times....not to sure if its the fastest fix but it worked for me....

sorry peter i thought this was another post i had....as far as this issue goes by the time monday morning rolled around only a few people still had issues and i just wiped there phones and BES account and started from scratch....i still have issues like randomly this but this is the only fix i know.....i tried everything i could think of or read on the forums but never been able to figure it out....if you figure something out please let me know or if i find something i will let you know for sure....

petermijackson no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been told by o2 support that if I regenerate an encryption on the actual handheld then this could fix the problem - unfortunatley I cannot find any of my users that had this problem - I assume they are all working again. Will try this when it happens again and will update.

Thanks