I have several user accounts not reporting their handheld information listed under Handheld Management – ... Server Admins forum

jparker1 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES not reporting handheld information

Advertisement

I have several user accounts not reporting their handheld information listed under Handheld Management – Handhelds. It seems now when a user is activated on any BES this occurs and the types of handhelds getting activated include the 8330, 8703e, and the 8830. When I select the user account under Handhelds and then click view handheld details I get the following error

“No additional information is available for this handheld.

It may be running older software, handheld activation may not yet be complete, or Handheld Management data synchronization support may not be enabled.”

Is there an option to enable Handheld Management data synchronization support somewhere in BB manager? I have found where I can select edit properties under Handheld Mgt – Global PIM Sync, but nothing here mentions “data”. All that is listed here is address book, tasks, memos, message filters, and message settings and these are all set to sync enabled - true and sync type - bidirectional. We are running BES 4.0 for GroupWise and plan to migrate to Exchange sometime before the end of the year. Also, one of the servers is fully upgraded to the latest BES/Server patch and the other three are not but this issue is occurring on all 4.

Thanks in advance,
    JParker
    Attached Images Attached Images

wellsm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have one device (out of 75) like this. Perfect timing too - I have it coming back into the shop this afternoon. We're going to try wiping the device and deleting the BES account to see if things straighen back out. (The user is having some sync issues and general wierdness - I suspect an incomplete activation, but we'll see.)

Will post back with my findings.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users

http://twitter.com/#!/knottyrope

Quote Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post

He posted at RIM.
    Ah, device.xml. I had problems with that using the Software Configurations to push out apps. None of our Curves were getting apps. Turns out the device.xml wasn't updated. I'm wondering if my mystery device is one of our first 8830's and the device.xml wasn't updated at that time...

jparker1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know if once I replace the device.xml file does the missing information in handheld manager get populated automatically or do the handhelds need to be re-activated in order for the handheld info to show up? Also, does a re-boot need to take place to kick start the new device.xml file?

I had replaced the device.xml file a while back and it never re-populated. I'm not sure if you would just need to re-activate or delete the account and start completely fresh.

I believe you have to restart the services for the device.xml to kick in, but you should probably search the docs for that.